This fish has lured people’s palate across the globe through its soft texture, delicate flavor, and versatility when served on a plate. Beyond its culinary wonders, let’s journey to discover the nutritional value of this amazing and healthy food.
Repairs damaged tissues
Salmon is abundant in protein, a significant nutrient in building muscles, cartilage, bones, blood, and skin. Protein also supports building and restoring damaged tissues when injured, maintains muscles, cartilage, bones, and promotes metabolic rate.
Amplifies Brain Health
In association with Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and Selenium, the high levels of DHA, salmon boosts brain function keeping your memory and concentration sharp.
Protection Against Joint Inflammation
Aside from its heart-friendly properties, Omega-3 Fatty Acids are known to alleviate joint inflammation. Salmon also contains a bioactive peptide called calcitonin which helps regulate, increase, and stabilize collagen synthesis in human osteoarthritic cartilage. So say goodbye to wrinkles with this yummy food.
Powered With Antioxidants
promotes healthy cardiovascular health, immune system, anti-inflammatory, and protection from neurodegenerative diseases.
Another antioxidant present in salmon is Vitamin A and it preserves the quality of your skin and protects your eyes from age-related macular degeneration (AMD) symptoms.
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (5 ounce) cans salmon, drained, flaked, skin and bones removed
- 2 avocados
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Combine yogurt, celery, parsley, lime juice, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Add salmon and mix well.
- Halve avocados lengthwise and remove pits. Scoop about 1 tablespoon flesh from each avocado half into a small bowl. Mash the scooped-out avocado flesh with a fork and stir into the salmon mixture.
- Fill each avocado half with about 1/4 cup of the salmon mixture, mounding it on top of the avocado halves. Garnish with chives, if desired.