Lychee, also known as ‘Litchi’ or ‘Lichi’, is a native fruit of Southeast Asia. Since ancient times, this fruit has been a favorite of the Cantonese and is eaten fresh or dried.
In the present day, Lychee is now enjoyed worldwide due to its refreshing, aromatic, and sweet flavor which makes it an ideal fruit to savor during a busy day!
The most important factor why you should consider trying out this fruit is because it is rich in health benefits that will help strengthen your immunity and together; we will discover those benefits in this blog.
Fortifies Your Immunity
The first thing that pops into your mind when you think of “healthy” is “immunity”. Well, you are in perfect luck because Vitamin C is lychee’s most significant vitamin and it contains more than 100% of the daily Vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps stimulate the activity of white blood cells and promotes cell regeneration.
Indulge your snack time with lychee and expect your toilet time to be easier and more comfortable! This fruit is rich in dietary fiber that bulks your stool and stimulates peristaltic motion of the smooth small intestine muscles for a smoother bowel movement. Lyche also increases the efficiency of the absorption of nutrition by promoting the production of gastric and digestive juices.
Improve Blood Circulation
Lyche contains a considerable amount of copper, a nutrient that is integral in the formation of RBC therefore, it amplifies blood circulation and increases the oxygenation of the organs and cells.
Lychee-vanilla coconut cooler
- 10–12 fresh lychees, peeled
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups almond or hemp milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1-inch piece of vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup black tapioca pearls
- Bring four cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Throw in the tapioca pearls and boil for about 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes more. Remove from the water and place into a container. Cover with fresh water and place a lid on it and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- Combine all of the other ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a container and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- About an hour before serving, place it in the freezer. Add some of the tapioca pearls to the cooler before serving.
Adapted from Olives For Dinner