AChoo – Welcome Spring (And Allergy Season)
Happy Spring Everyone and welcome to pollen season. If you live in the South like I do, then you’ve most likely woken up with the “yellow snow” as we like to call it down here – all of those lovelies blooming flowers that create a yellow blanket over EVERYTHING! Not only is it tough to keep your car clean right now, but this is the time of year where my patients’ allergies start acting up.
This post is dedicated to giving you all of the goods on the recommendations and exact protocols I have used for over 20 years for allergy support in my office for my patients. Many times my patients are able to swap out their over the counter medications for these natural alternatives. My hope is that if I can provide you any relief now or throughout the year then I’ve done my job!
So without further ado, let’s jump to my recommendations –
- Feed Your Body – what you eat definitely plays a role in how your immune system functions – the biggest culprits that will knock your immune system down the fastest are sugar, alcohol, and the chemicals in processed foods. Instead opt to eat more veggies, fruits high in Vitamin C, quality proteins and stay hydrated.
- Clean your Air – As deemed appropriate and possible, environmental changes may be advisable to minimize ongoing allergen exposures. Relatively straightforward changes include using a high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) air filters, house plants, and essential oils in the home. HEPA filters work to decrease the amount of allergens floating around your home by trapping airborne irritants such as pollen, dust, and pet dander. House plants can assist with air filtration – here’s a link to an entire blog post I wrote dedicated to that topic.
- Rinse that Nose: A number of studies have indicated that saline nasal irrigation such as a netti pot can be useful in individuals with hay fever (acute rhinitis). A 2012 study looked at 10 research papers on the topic of saline nasal irrigation and found that saline nasal irrigation produced a “27.66% improvement in nasal symptoms, a 62.1% reduction in medicine consumption, a 31.19% acceleration of mucociliary clearance time, and a 27.88% improvement in quality of life”. Another over the counter option is a nasal wash kit – this one has been my favorite to use.
- Supplement your System – There are a number of key nutrients needed to keep the immune system strong and assist with allergy symptoms during pollen season. I have created overall protocols that will support the system as well as protocols for those pesky allergy symptoms. You can click the link for each product to read more about the product and if you feel inclined, you can place an online order on our authorized website.
Allergy Support Protocols
- Adult Allergy Support Bundle –– this protocol is ideally taken as prevention during allergy season.
- Adult Acute Allergy Bundle – “I’m experiencing allergy symptoms and need to get over this quick”
- Allerplex – 6-9 capsules per day
- Anti-histamine support – Itchy eyes and sneezing
- Antronex – 6-9 tablets per day
- Post nasal drip support – dripping nose and sore throat – the fenugreek in this product will dry you up faster than you can say “pollen count”
- Fen-Gre– 6-9 tablets per day
- Sinus Forte – 2-3 tablets per day
- Respiratory and breathing support – allergies, and asthma
** If you have any questions or trouble with the ordering platform just reach out and my team will be happy to assist you! **
My goal is to empower you with the tools to help you and your family feel your best this allergy season. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and here’s to your health this spring!