|HAPPY NEW YEAR!|
I have been using Standard Process and MediHerb supplements both personally and with my patients for over 20 years and the 21 Day Purification Program has been an integral part my practice. In assisting 1000’s of patients with this program over the years, I know that sometimes it helps to have a little guidance, tips, and extra recipes to keep you on track with the program.
I have spent the last few months creating a FREE online resource for all of our patients and customers to use with the detox program. I have created an online, self-guided program that will walk you through the 21 day purification program step by step.
My goal in creating this program is to provide the perfect self-study course to compliment your detox program.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from over 18 years in clinical practice working with 1000’s of patients and channeled it into a comprehensive, step-by-step implementation of the 21 day purification program that not only teaches you the high level theory, but the actual EXECUTION of how you can do the same.
Want to see what is included with this amazing bonus? This link here lists all of the program perks and info and the step by step instructions on how to redeem access to the free program!
When you purchase your 21 Day Purification Program kit through my office’s authorized website, you’ll receive my online program ABSOLUTELY FREE! You can also order via phone – 843.214.2997
Just forward a copy of your order number or receipt to us at [email protected] and we’ll email you back with the details needed to access the course.
I can’t wait for you to jump in!21 Day Purification Kit
Our 21-day purification program helps patients purify, nourish, and maintain a healthy body and weight. We offer eight different purification product kits based on the preferred protein and fiber choice.
Included in the program are:
1 SP Cleanse–purification
2 SP Complete, SP Complete Chocolate, SP Complete Vanilla or 2 SP Complete Dairy Free–nutritious supplement shakes
2 Gastro-Fiber or 2 Whole Food Fiber–fiber support
1 SP Green Food–phytonutrients
1 patient purification program guide
1 recyclable bag
Click this LINK to learn more about the 8 different kits or to purchase.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Stephanie Zgraggen, DC, MS, ACN, CNS, CCN
Category: Weight Loss
Why YOU Need a Detox this New Year
Toxins are Everywhere
You are exposed to toxins Every. Single. Day. There are approximately 80,000 chemicals registered for use in the U.S., and 800,000,000+ pounds of herbicides are used yearly on our crops. 1-3 The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that hundreds of these chemicals are present in our bodies. Research shows that certain chemicals may affect our immune, endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems.
fact, your body produces its own toxins, or waste known as endogenous toxins,
simply by functioning. Your body also encounters external (exogenous) toxins,
or chemicals made outside of your body. They are in the air you breathe, the
food you eat, the water you drink, and the products you touch.4,5
- Air and Water Pollutants
- Cigarette Smoke
- Certain Personal Care Products
- Dyes and Paints
- Heavy Metals
- Household Cleaning Products
- Pesticides and Insecticides
- Preservatives and Additives
- Trans Fats
- Carbon dioxide
- Free radicals
You become what you eat
The typical America diet favors processed foods that tend to be high in refined sugar, trans fats, and salt. Processed foods often contain pesticides, artificial ingredients, and genetically modified organisms that can contribute to toxin build up in the body.6 Exposure to these toxins can overburden your system’s natural ability to detoxify.
Reducing your toxic burden can reduce your odds of asthma, cancer, Alzheimer’s, infertility, hormonal and period problems and so much more. Reducing your toxic load can help you lose weight, restore your energy levels and balance your hormones. It can help you conceive a healthy baby and raise a healthy child.
When the body is overloaded with toxins, these toxins cannot be eliminated from the body and they slow down cellular function. This translates to decreasing your body’s function; the brain won’t fire as quickly so you become foggy and forgetful. This can mean you gain weight or feel tired and/or unmotivated. Many people experience symptoms of toxicity but don’t recognize what these signs really can mean. How many of the symptoms below do you have?
Symptoms of Toxin Exposure
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Indigestion and other gastrointestinal upset
- Food cravings and weight gain
- Reduced mental clarity (brain fog)
- Low libido
- Skin issues – eczema, acne, dark circles under the eyes
- Joint or muscle pain
- Female hormone disturbances
- Sinus issues
- Water retention
- Bad breath
Your Organs of Detoxification
My 21 day Reset Detox Programs are designed to stimulate specific detoxification organs in the body—the liver, kidneys, and intestines. With help from these organs, your toxic load can decrease, and your body can concentrate its energy on detoxifying and cleaning up. This can help you achieve optimal health by cleansing your body from the inside out. The goal is to learn how to enhance your body’s ability to detox and remove these toxins on a daily basis. No matter where start, everyone can benefit from a detox program.
- Filters toxins
- Aids the body in metabolizing fat, protein, and carbohydrates
- Helps transform many toxins into harmless agents
- Filter waste and excess fluid from the blood
- Regulate and release the right balance of sodium, phosphorus, and
potassium for the body to function properly
- Digests food so that nutrients can be absorbed into the blood and transported to the liver
- Provides a barrier that blocks toxins from the rest of the body
- Absorbs water and electrolytes, forming waste that is excreted from the body
- Produces antibodies for gastrointestinal health
- Contains bacteria that create fatty acids and some vitamins for extra nutritional support
Why you may not be losing weight
If your body can’t release toxins through your intestines (poop) or kidney (urine) then they can be deposited and stored in the body. Over months, years, or even decades these can build up in the body and create havoc.
One of the most common sites for us to deposit toxins is in our fat cells since many of the chemicals in today’s environment and food are lipotrophic, meaning that they LOVE FAT. The challenge is that we have to release those stored toxins from the fat cells before the fat cells can shrink. This is one reason why you may have been eating better and working out more but still seeing NO weight loss results.
Where We Store Toxins
- Fat Cells
- Bone Marrow
- Central Nervous System
What the heck is metabolic detoxification anyway?
Metabolic detoxification is your body’s natural process of neutralizing and eliminating toxins from your body. This three-phase process unlocks fat-soluble toxins and converts them to a water-soluble state that is easier for your body to remove. Your body needs key nutrients and phytonutrients to support each of these phases.
Three phases of metabolic detoxification
- Phase I: Unlock – Stored fat-soluble toxins transform into an “unlocked” state that is more water-soluble, and in many cases, more toxic than its original form. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 day Reset Detox program delivers nutrients that activate enzymes required for Phase I reactions. It also supplies antioxidants that reduce stress on your body, such as tissue damage sometimes caused by these enzyme activities.
- Phase II: Neutralize – The highly toxic substances produced in Phase I convert to non-toxic molecules and become even more water-soluble. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 day Reset Detox program supplies key nutrients and amino acids needed to support Phase II enzymes. These enzymes enhance the water solubility of toxins.
- Phase III: Eliminate – Water-soluble toxins leave your cells, and your body eliminates them. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 Day Detox Program provides your body with plant-based fiber and water, which aid in toxin elimination.
A Simple, Effective Answer is HERE!
You can create more efficiency around detoxification by modifying your daily food choices, and habits to support your body’s natural ability to detoxify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above or feel like it’s just time for a reset, I encourage you to check out my upcoming Virtual Group 21 Day Detox Reset Program. The 21 Day Group Detox Program is designed for balancing hormones, resetting your digestive system, weight loss, improved energy, better sleep and so much more!
My hope is to provide you with easy, effective tools to help you liver YOUR. BEST. LIFE.
Dr. Stephanie Zgraggen, DC, MS, CNS, CCN is a licensed chiropractor, certified clinical nutritionist, and owner of Lime and Lotus, LLC with offices in both Charleston, South Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia. She utilizes saliva testing, herbs, and whole food supplements to correct female hormones imbalances in her patients. Download her free guide: Dr. Stephanie’s Naughty List – The Top Five Foods that Wreck Your Hormone Health here.
- “About,” National Toxicology Program, US Department of Health and Human Services, accessed March 13, 2018, https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/about/index.html.
- Arthur Grube, David Donaldson, Timothy Kiely, and La Wu, “Pesticides Industry Sales and Usage 2006 and 2007 Market Estimates,” Washington, D.C.: United States Environmental Protection Agency, February 2011, PDF e-book, http://www.epa.gov/sites/production/iles/2015-10/documents/market_estimates2007.pdf.
- Michael N. Antoniou et al., “Concerns Over Use of Glyphosate-Based Herbicides and Risks Associated with Exposures: a Consensus Statement.” Environmental Health 15, no. 1 (2016): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12940-016-0117-0.
- Romilly E. Hodges and Deanna M. Minich, “Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Foods and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism (2015): 16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/760689.
- Joseph W. Thornton, Michael McCally, and Jane Houlihan, “Biomonitoring of Industrial Pollutants: Health and Policy Implications of the Chemical Body Burden,” Public Health Reports 117, no. 4 (2002): 315-23, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497458/pdf/12477912.pdf.
- Ian A. Myles, “Fast Food Fever: Reviewing the Impacts of the Western Diet on Immunity,” Nutrition Journal 13 (2014): 1. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-13-61.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Ya’ll this paleo recipe is soooo good. If you want that buffalo chicken feel without the guilt of fried food, dairy, or gluten this will be your new jam. Whether you a just looking to eat healthy or add weight loss as one of your health goals, this recipe is here to serve all the feels. Serve my buffalo chicken dip on lettuce wraps, gluten free crackers, or just dip in with some veggie sticks. I hope you enjoy! – Dr Z
- 3 – 10 oz cans of organic chicken breast, drained
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbs water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Use a saucepan and boil the cashews in water for about 12-15 minutes or until they are soft.
- In a blender or food processor add drained cashews, spices, water, lemon juice and hot sauce. Blend until nice and smooth.
- Add the drained chicken to a casserole dish.
- Spread sauce from the blender on top of the chicken and mix well.
- Bake casserole dish at 350 degrees in over for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve buffalo dip on lettuce wraps, with gluten free crackers or with veggies. ENJOY!
This dish will make approximately 4 servings – 330 calories per serving.
If you like this paleo recipe, check out my paleo- Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe.
Want to see how I made this paleo recipe? If so, watch the video below!
If you’re looking for an easy program to help keep you on track and progress with your weight loss or health goals, my 28 Day Hormone Reset Detox Program will do the trick! Includes 4 weeks of videos, food guides, shopping list, journal, recipes and much more. Check out the program and all of the details here.