|HAPPY NEW YEAR!|
I have been using Standard Process and MediHerb supplements both personally and with my patients for over 20 years and the 21 Day Purification Program has been an integral part my practice. In assisting 1000’s of patients with this program over the years, I know that sometimes it helps to have a little guidance, tips, and extra recipes to keep you on track with the program.
I have spent the last few months creating a FREE online resource for all of our patients and customers to use with the detox program. I have created an online, self-guided program that will walk you through the 21 day purification program step by step.
My goal in creating this program is to provide the perfect self-study course to compliment your detox program.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from over 18 years in clinical practice working with 1000’s of patients and channeled it into a comprehensive, step-by-step implementation of the 21 day purification program that not only teaches you the high level theory, but the actual EXECUTION of how you can do the same.
Want to see what is included with this amazing bonus? This link here lists all of the program perks and info and the step by step instructions on how to redeem access to the free program!
When you purchase your 21 Day Purification Program kit through my office’s authorized website, you’ll receive my online program ABSOLUTELY FREE! You can also order via phone – 843.214.2997
Just forward a copy of your order number or receipt to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll email you back with the details needed to access the course.
I can’t wait for you to jump in!21 Day Purification Kit
Our 21-day purification program helps patients purify, nourish, and maintain a healthy body and weight. We offer eight different purification product kits based on the preferred protein and fiber choice.
Included in the program are:
1 SP Cleanse–purification
2 SP Complete, SP Complete Chocolate, SP Complete Vanilla or 2 SP Complete Dairy Free–nutritious supplement shakes
2 Gastro-Fiber or 2 Whole Food Fiber–fiber support
1 SP Green Food–phytonutrients
1 patient purification program guide
1 recyclable bag
Click this LINK to learn more about the 8 different kits or to purchase.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Stephanie Zgraggen, DC, MS, ACN, CNS, CCN
Why YOU Need a Detox this New Year
Toxins are Everywhere
You are exposed to toxins Every. Single. Day. There are approximately 80,000 chemicals registered for use in the U.S., and 800,000,000+ pounds of herbicides are used yearly on our crops. 1-3 The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that hundreds of these chemicals are present in our bodies. Research shows that certain chemicals may affect our immune, endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems.
fact, your body produces its own toxins, or waste known as endogenous toxins,
simply by functioning. Your body also encounters external (exogenous) toxins,
or chemicals made outside of your body. They are in the air you breathe, the
food you eat, the water you drink, and the products you touch.4,5
- Air and Water Pollutants
- Cigarette Smoke
- Certain Personal Care Products
- Dyes and Paints
- Heavy Metals
- Household Cleaning Products
- Pesticides and Insecticides
- Preservatives and Additives
- Trans Fats
- Carbon dioxide
- Free radicals
You become what you eat
The typical America diet favors processed foods that tend to be high in refined sugar, trans fats, and salt. Processed foods often contain pesticides, artificial ingredients, and genetically modified organisms that can contribute to toxin build up in the body.6 Exposure to these toxins can overburden your system’s natural ability to detoxify.
Reducing your toxic burden can reduce your odds of asthma, cancer, Alzheimer’s, infertility, hormonal and period problems and so much more. Reducing your toxic load can help you lose weight, restore your energy levels and balance your hormones. It can help you conceive a healthy baby and raise a healthy child.
When the body is overloaded with toxins, these toxins cannot be eliminated from the body and they slow down cellular function. This translates to decreasing your body’s function; the brain won’t fire as quickly so you become foggy and forgetful. This can mean you gain weight or feel tired and/or unmotivated. Many people experience symptoms of toxicity but don’t recognize what these signs really can mean. How many of the symptoms below do you have?
Symptoms of Toxin Exposure
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Indigestion and other gastrointestinal upset
- Food cravings and weight gain
- Reduced mental clarity (brain fog)
- Low libido
- Skin issues – eczema, acne, dark circles under the eyes
- Joint or muscle pain
- Female hormone disturbances
- Sinus issues
- Water retention
- Bad breath
Your Organs of Detoxification
My 21 day Reset Detox Programs are designed to stimulate specific detoxification organs in the body—the liver, kidneys, and intestines. With help from these organs, your toxic load can decrease, and your body can concentrate its energy on detoxifying and cleaning up. This can help you achieve optimal health by cleansing your body from the inside out. The goal is to learn how to enhance your body’s ability to detox and remove these toxins on a daily basis. No matter where start, everyone can benefit from a detox program.
- Filters toxins
- Aids the body in metabolizing fat, protein, and carbohydrates
- Helps transform many toxins into harmless agents
- Filter waste and excess fluid from the blood
- Regulate and release the right balance of sodium, phosphorus, and
potassium for the body to function properly
- Digests food so that nutrients can be absorbed into the blood and transported to the liver
- Provides a barrier that blocks toxins from the rest of the body
- Absorbs water and electrolytes, forming waste that is excreted from the body
- Produces antibodies for gastrointestinal health
- Contains bacteria that create fatty acids and some vitamins for extra nutritional support
Why you may not be losing weight
If your body can’t release toxins through your intestines (poop) or kidney (urine) then they can be deposited and stored in the body. Over months, years, or even decades these can build up in the body and create havoc.
One of the most common sites for us to deposit toxins is in our fat cells since many of the chemicals in today’s environment and food are lipotrophic, meaning that they LOVE FAT. The challenge is that we have to release those stored toxins from the fat cells before the fat cells can shrink. This is one reason why you may have been eating better and working out more but still seeing NO weight loss results.
Where We Store Toxins
- Fat Cells
- Bone Marrow
- Central Nervous System
What the heck is metabolic detoxification anyway?
Metabolic detoxification is your body’s natural process of neutralizing and eliminating toxins from your body. This three-phase process unlocks fat-soluble toxins and converts them to a water-soluble state that is easier for your body to remove. Your body needs key nutrients and phytonutrients to support each of these phases.
Three phases of metabolic detoxification
- Phase I: Unlock – Stored fat-soluble toxins transform into an “unlocked” state that is more water-soluble, and in many cases, more toxic than its original form. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 day Reset Detox program delivers nutrients that activate enzymes required for Phase I reactions. It also supplies antioxidants that reduce stress on your body, such as tissue damage sometimes caused by these enzyme activities.
- Phase II: Neutralize – The highly toxic substances produced in Phase I convert to non-toxic molecules and become even more water-soluble. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 day Reset Detox program supplies key nutrients and amino acids needed to support Phase II enzymes. These enzymes enhance the water solubility of toxins.
- Phase III: Eliminate – Water-soluble toxins leave your cells, and your body eliminates them. The foods and supplements recommended in the 21 Day Detox Program provides your body with plant-based fiber and water, which aid in toxin elimination.
A Simple, Effective Answer is HERE!
You can create more efficiency around detoxification by modifying your daily food choices, and habits to support your body’s natural ability to detoxify. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above or feel like it’s just time for a reset, I encourage you to check out my upcoming Virtual Group 21 Day Detox Reset Program. The 21 Day Group Detox Program is designed for balancing hormones, resetting your digestive system, weight loss, improved energy, better sleep and so much more!
My hope is to provide you with easy, effective tools to help you liver YOUR. BEST. LIFE.
Dr. Stephanie Zgraggen, DC, MS, CNS, CCN is a licensed chiropractor, certified clinical nutritionist, and owner of Lime and Lotus, LLC with offices in both Charleston, South Carolina and Atlanta, Georgia. She utilizes saliva testing, herbs, and whole food supplements to correct female hormones imbalances in her patients. Download her free guide: Dr. Stephanie’s Naughty List – The Top Five Foods that Wreck Your Hormone Health here.
- “About,” National Toxicology Program, US Department of Health and Human Services, accessed March 13, 2018, https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/about/index.html.
- Arthur Grube, David Donaldson, Timothy Kiely, and La Wu, “Pesticides Industry Sales and Usage 2006 and 2007 Market Estimates,” Washington, D.C.: United States Environmental Protection Agency, February 2011, PDF e-book, http://www.epa.gov/sites/production/iles/2015-10/documents/market_estimates2007.pdf.
- Michael N. Antoniou et al., “Concerns Over Use of Glyphosate-Based Herbicides and Risks Associated with Exposures: a Consensus Statement.” Environmental Health 15, no. 1 (2016): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12940-016-0117-0.
- Romilly E. Hodges and Deanna M. Minich, “Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Foods and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism (2015): 16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/760689.
- Joseph W. Thornton, Michael McCally, and Jane Houlihan, “Biomonitoring of Industrial Pollutants: Health and Policy Implications of the Chemical Body Burden,” Public Health Reports 117, no. 4 (2002): 315-23, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497458/pdf/12477912.pdf.
- Ian A. Myles, “Fast Food Fever: Reviewing the Impacts of the Western Diet on Immunity,” Nutrition Journal 13 (2014): 1. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2891-13-61.
Winter Immune Support Starts Now!
I’m often asked by my patients for ways to help ward off the cold, flu (and now COVID) each year and I wanted to give you all the tools to start supporting that immune system now so that the likelihood of any winter illness is decreased. Let me start off by saying that the goal isn’t necessarily to never catch anything – as this is the body’s way to build up your immune system. Of course it would be great if we never got sick but if our systems are working correctly the idea is that when you do become ill the illness doesn’t last as long, or isn’t as severe. I’ve been using the recommendations and protocols that I will share with you today for over 20 years and year after year my patients (especially the teachers and nurses) come back in March and are always floored that they didn’t get sick for the first time in years.
So without further ado, let’s jump to my recommendations –
- Feed Your Body – what you eat definitely plays a role in how your immune system functions – the biggest culprits that will knock your immune system down the fastest are sugar, alcohol, and the chemicals in processed foods. Instead opt to eat more veggies, fruits high in Vitamin C, quality proteins and stay hydrated. I’ve also created an Immunity Support Recipe Pack, if you want to have nutrient dense recipes you can make for yourself and your family to help during those winter months. I created this informative pack to better educate you on your immune system. Feel empowered as you learn how to support your immune system and take the guesswork out of what to eat as you enjoy recipes that are specifically designed to support your immunity.
- Sweat it out – Exercise aids in the release of toxins, and is important in keeping the blood and lymphatic system flowing (which is an important part of your immunity!) Consistent exercise can help relieve stress and increase blood flow to the brain. It also releases hormones, stimulates the nervous system, and releases endorphins. Whatever exercise you like, go for it! Walking, running, rebounding, yoga, pilates, dancing, biking, cardio or sculpting workouts. Just 15 minutes a day is enough to help support your immunity.
- Count Sheep – The benefits of getting a good night’s sleep is especially vital for your body to rest, regenerate and maintain an efficient immune system. Manage your schedule and routine so that you can devote at least 8 hours each night to some shut eye. This may involve saying “no” to extra activities or waiting to binge watch Game of Thrones. Stop your screen time at least 2 hours before bed time, get into bed before your actual bedtime, make sure the room is completely darkened, and read a book or meditate to slow down that brain in preparation for dreamland! If you are struggling with your sleep, get a jump on it now and start a product like Sleep Ease to help support your body in both falling asleep and staying asleep.
- Hooray for Herbs – An Elderberry a day keeps the doctor away – Elderberry syrup or tonic is one of those time honored traditions that can help ward off colds and flu. If you purchase some ensure that the company is using quality ingredients and no fillers and preservatives (Hint: quality products should only have a 2-3 month shelf life). If you’re more of a DIY kind of person, earlier this year I created an Elderberry Syrup mini-course on how to make your own organic elderberry syrup and tincture at home. I have a nice 30 minute video, my personal recipes, and links to all of the supplies you’ll need to make this immune syrup at home.
Standard Prevention Daily Dosing:
- For Children 2-13 years old: 1 tsp per day
- For Adults: 1 Tbsp per day
- Supplement your System – There are a number of key nutrients needed to keep the immune system strong during winter. First there are prevention protocols – these are great when you are not currently ill but want to stay strong and symptom free all winter. I also have acute protocols – these are designed to be used when you are sick or starting to feel any signs that you might be coming down with something. You can click the link for each product to read more about the product and to place an online order on our authorized website.
*** NOTE: If you are wanting to add any immune protocols to your regimen, we are recommending to place your order as soon as you can and consider stocking up since Standard Process was completely sold out of all of their immune products for almost 3 months last year! ***
- Adult Prevention Immune Bundle – “I don’t want to get sick”
- Immuplex – 3 capsules per day
- Echinacea Premium – 2 tablets per day
- Adult Acute Immune Bundle – “I’m sick and need to get over this quick”
- Congaplex – 2 tablets up to 4 times per day
- Andrographis Complex – 2 tablets twice per day
- Children’s Acute Immune Bundle – “I’m sick and need to get over this quick”
- Chewable Congaplex – 2 tablets up to 4 times per day
- Chewable Catalyn – 3 tablets per day
- Sore Throat Immune Bundle
- Herbal Throat Spray – 4 sprays every 1-2 hours
- Thymex – 3 tablets twice a day
- Cataplex ACP – 3 tablets twice a day
- Adult Auto Immune Bundle – “I have autoimmune disease and want to keep my system strong”
- Echinacea Premium – 2 tablets per day
- Thymex – 3 tablets a day
- Rehmannia Complex – 2 tablets a day
Easy Button Bundles
Standard Process has recently created immune system packets as well – you can take one packet a day for prevention or 3 packets per day for acute situations.
- Immune System Health Pack: one box has 30 packets and each packet includes –
- Immuplex (2 capsules)
- Cataplex F Tablets (2 tablets)
- Cataplex C (3 tablets)
- Calcium Lactate (2 tablets)
*Dose – Take one packet a day for prevention or 3 packets per day for acute situations.
- Immune System Health Vegetarian Pack: one box has 60 packets and each packet includes
- Epimune Complex (1 capsule)
- Cataplex D (1 tablet)
- Echinacea-C (1 tablet)
*Dose- Take one packet in the morning and one in the evening.
** If you have any questions or trouble with the ordering platform just reach out and my team will be happy to assist you! **
My goal is to empower you with the tools to help you and your family feel your best this winter season. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and here’s to your health this winter!
Winter is Here…..And so is Corona and the Flu!
What’s up with the viruses this year?
It’s starting to sound a bit scary, right?
The flu and now this corona virus?
Over the last few weeks the build up over the Corona virus and its effect have continued to increase. Because of this I wanted to address this topic in a way that will be both insightful and holistic. It’s easy to feel a little panicked when the words “epidemic” and “outbreak” are used but I find the antidote to panic is almost always power.What do you have in your power to do?Maybe it’s getting into see your provider for support but my biggest answer is:
What’s in your power when it comes to prevention?
It may seem small but ensuring the basics of:
- WASH YOUR HANDS and wash them good!
- Good and quality sleep.
- Stress management.
- Lots of antioxidant rich veggies.
- Plenty of protein.
- Exercise, sauna, sweat.
- Staying hydrated.
- Walking outside.
- Take your multi and have adequate vitamin D.
- Use natural medicine that boosts your immunity.
In response to #10 – Natural Medicine – I’ve spent this week creating a new mini-course that will teach you how to DIY my favorite natural cold and flu remedy at home! Who wants some of that?!?
The research shows how Elderberry syrup can reduce the risk of not only contracting the cold, flu, upper respiratory infections and viruses but also decrease the length of time you are sick AND decrease the severity of your symptoms.
I made this for ya’ll to help your family prevent the flu and corona virus!
In response to the many questions I receive every year about how to stay healthy during winter and avoid the cold and flu and now corona virus, I have created a MINI COURSE – Just for YOU!
Read below for all of the course details and components – I’d love to hear your thoughts on the course!
Elderberry Syrup Making Mini Course – How to create this immune boosting syrup at home.
I created this mini-course in response to the flu and corona virus spread this season and as a self-guided journey to better educate you on the fabulous and fantastic elderberry. By the end of this course you’ll discover the amazing properties of this potent berry, appropriate dosing for prevention and acute care, adult vs child dosing, and last but not least how you can make your own Elderberry Syrup at home to ward off the cold and flu!I’ll also teach you my own recipe that I use step by step as well as ingredients and specific supplies you’ll need to DIY this amazing syrup!
In this mini-course, you’ll learn:
- Types, properties, uses and history of Elderberry
- How Elderberry helps the body during colds and the flu
- Appropriate dosing for prevention vs sick care
- Appropriate dosing for adults vs children
- Recipe for making Elderberry Syrup at home
- What ingredients and supplies are necessary
- When you should NOT take Elderberry
Elderberry Syrup – Mini Course Components
Mini-Course Guide -which includes the following:
- Elderberry Syrup Recipe
- Elderberry Syrup Dosing Guide
- Ingredients and Supplies Shopping Guide
- Masterclass Video Transcript
- Course Notes Pages
- Bonus – Elderberry Tincture Recipe
Elderberry Syrup Masterclass & Tutorial Video: 25 Minute Video
*Mini Course is immediately ready for download upon purchase.
Cheers to boosting that immune system this winter!