|HAPPY NEW YEAR!|
I have been using Standard Process and MediHerb supplements both personally and with my patients for over 20 years and the 21 Day Purification Program has been an integral part my practice. In assisting 1000’s of patients with this program over the years, I know that sometimes it helps to have a little guidance, tips, and extra recipes to keep you on track with the program.
I have spent the last few months creating a FREE online resource for all of our patients and customers to use with the detox program. I have created an online, self-guided program that will walk you through the 21 day purification program step by step.
My goal in creating this program is to provide the perfect self-study course to compliment your detox program.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from over 18 years in clinical practice working with 1000’s of patients and channeled it into a comprehensive, step-by-step implementation of the 21 day purification program that not only teaches you the high level theory, but the actual EXECUTION of how you can do the same.
Want to see what is included with this amazing bonus? This link here lists all of the program perks and info and the step by step instructions on how to redeem access to the free program!
When you purchase your 21 Day Purification Program kit through my office’s authorized website, you’ll receive my online program ABSOLUTELY FREE! You can also order via phone – 843.214.2997
Just forward a copy of your order number or receipt to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll email you back with the details needed to access the course.
I can’t wait for you to jump in!21 Day Purification Kit
Our 21-day purification program helps patients purify, nourish, and maintain a healthy body and weight. We offer eight different purification product kits based on the preferred protein and fiber choice.
Included in the program are:
1 SP Cleanse–purification
2 SP Complete, SP Complete Chocolate, SP Complete Vanilla or 2 SP Complete Dairy Free–nutritious supplement shakes
2 Gastro-Fiber or 2 Whole Food Fiber–fiber support
1 SP Green Food–phytonutrients
1 patient purification program guide
1 recyclable bag
Click this LINK to learn more about the 8 different kits or to purchase.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Stephanie Zgraggen, DC, MS, ACN, CNS, CCN
What lies beyond the fertile ground is a purple root vegetable filled with valuable nutrition and detoxifying properties that every single person on this planet can surely love!
It’s time to uproot the secrets of beet and uncover a special recipe inside this article.
Beets or Beetroot is rich in a purple-crimson pigment called betacyanin. This agent is a powerful asset of the plant as it can suppress the development of cancer including bladder cancer.
The betacyanin in beets remains one of the mightiest antioxidants in a vegetable due to its high anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which protects cells from damage that can cause heart disease and cancer.
Looking for a shot of energy boost? Well, beat it because beetroot is the answer! The nitrate in beetroot helps deliver more oxygen to the muscles, therefore, it will help the muscles to recover faster.
Beets are a wellspring of glutamine, an amino acid that is crucial in maintaining and keeping our digestive system healthy. It is also abundant in fiber which keeps the bowel movement smooth and supports the beneficial bacteria that surrounds the gut.
Don’t like to eat beets? If you’d like to get the benefits of beets without the taste, my favorite go-to beet supplement is Betafood by Standard Process – I use this to help support the liver and as a part of my protocols for my athletes to assist with endurance!
Mushroom and Root Vegetable Stew [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 Chioggia beets
- 4 yellow beets
- 4 red beets
- 2 carrots, cut into pieces
- 5 Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup of red wine (vegan)
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- A pinch of salt
- 15 mushrooms of your choice
- Parsley, for garnish
- Start by finely chopping the onion and fry over medium heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Peel and cut the beets, carrots, and artichoke. When the onions are lightly browned add the beets, carrots, and artichoke and fry for a few minutes. Add the tomato purée and stir, then pour over the wine and broth. Let simmer for 40 minutes.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into fine pieces. Fry in a frying pan, without oil first, and then when the mushroom water cooks out (takes a few minutes), pour in a little vegetable oil and fry so that they get a nice golden color.
- Taste the stew and add salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with parsley and fried mushrooms.
Adapted from One Green Planet
Ya’ll this paleo recipe is soooo good. If you want that buffalo chicken feel without the guilt of fried food, dairy, or gluten this will be your new jam. Whether you a just looking to eat healthy or add weight loss as one of your health goals, this recipe is here to serve all the feels. Serve my buffalo chicken dip on lettuce wraps, gluten free crackers, or just dip in with some veggie sticks. I hope you enjoy! – Dr Z
- 3 – 10 oz cans of organic chicken breast, drained
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbs water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Use a saucepan and boil the cashews in water for about 12-15 minutes or until they are soft.
- In a blender or food processor add drained cashews, spices, water, lemon juice and hot sauce. Blend until nice and smooth.
- Add the drained chicken to a casserole dish.
- Spread sauce from the blender on top of the chicken and mix well.
- Bake casserole dish at 350 degrees in over for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve buffalo dip on lettuce wraps, with gluten free crackers or with veggies. ENJOY!
This dish will make approximately 4 servings – 330 calories per serving.
If you like this paleo recipe, check out my paleo- Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe.
Want to see how I made this paleo recipe? If so, watch the video below!
If you’re looking for an easy program to help keep you on track and progress with your weight loss or health goals, my 28 Day Hormone Reset Detox Program will do the trick! Includes 4 weeks of videos, food guides, shopping list, journal, recipes and much more. Check out the program and all of the details here.
This adorable and bright fruit is rich in flavor and nutritional value and its flavor range from sweet to sweet-tart depending on the varietal. The best way to consume fresh apricot is unpeeled because the skin is loaded with fiber and nutrients.
Check out the health benefits of apricot below and uncover a sumptuous guilt-free recipe that you’ll surely enjoy!
The combination of Vitamin C and A in apricot makes it a potent elixir for keeping your skin glowing and healthy! Apricot oil derived from apricot seeds is known to treat skin problems such as eczema and dermatitis, while the flesh can be used to soothe itching caused by sunburn or scabies.
Fortified with Fiber
Fiber is your go-to mineral for fierce and healthy digestion! A diet rich in fiber also helps protect you from heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and weight gain.
Enhance Bone Strength
Apricot is rich in calcium, manganese, phosphorus, copper, and iron. These minerals promote bone growth and prevent age-related bone conditions such as osteoporosis.
Apricot contains potassium which evenly distributes the fluids in your body, therefore, there is a healthy balance of electrolytes that amplifies your energy and keeps your blood pumping.
Apricot Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
- 1.5 cups organic dried apricots
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs real maple syrup (optional)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ Tsp salt
- Begin by making your filling. Set aside dried apricots in a medium-sized bowl. Boil 3 cups water, and pour over dried apricots. Let sit for about 20 minutes. Now drain the water, and add apricots to your food processor or blender. Add in lemon juice and maple syrup. Pulse until mostly smooth, a few chunks are fine. You may need to add a bit of water to get the right consistency, but the filling should be thick.
- Now make the crust: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. Combine all of the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly. Take the mixture and carefully distribute it over the parchment paper, pressing down firmly and evenly. Place inside the oven and bake for 13 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes. Leave the oven hot.
- While crust is cooling, make the crumb mixture. Combine all ingredients into your food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds, or until the mixture is crumbly.
- Once the crust is cooled, spread the apricot filling over the crust. Complete by topping with the crumb mixture. Now bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, slice into squares.
Who says you can’t have your wings and eat them too? With football games and colder days I wanted to create a healthier version that would also be detox friendly for those who still want to enjoy a tailgate party or cheering on their favorite team this season!
THESE ARE SOOO GOOD – I promised you won’t even miss that they are not fried!!! I’m also giving you my secret on how to make them oh so crispy and yummy – It’s an extra step but a necessary one if you want those crispy wings. First you’ll need to parboil the wings for a few minutes to boil out some of the fat. This will make for the best baked wing you’ve ever put in Yo Mouth!
Dr Z’s Baked Hot Wings
- 2 lbs organic chicken wings
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 12oz bottle of your favorite hot sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the chicken wings to the pot, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Drain wings in a colander and place on paper towels and pat them dry – This is important because if they are still wet they won’t crisp up as much in your oven.
- Grease a metal sheet pan.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the sheet pan.
- Bake the chicken wings for 25 minutes on the first side; flip the wings and bake for another 5-10 minutes on the other side, until the skin looks crispy and golden brown.
Buffalo Sauce Instructions:
- Heat butter in a saucepan on medium heat
- Once butter is melted add hot sauce, garlic, onion powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken wings to a large bowl; pour the buffalo sauce over to coat thoroughly.
- Plate and enjoy!
- The best place for me to buy affordable organic chicken wings is at Costco – at the time of this post they were $2.50 per lb.
- When choosing your hot sauce read your ingredients carefully. Choose a hot sauce with the fewest ingredients and ones you can understand what each ingredient is – some of my favorites are Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and Crystals (MY FAVORITE).
- For metal sheet pans be sure to purchase stainless steel instead of Aluminum ones.