The fruit that shines among others because of its jewel-like brilliance and rich ruby color. Pomegranate is more than just what you see. Pomegranate is filled with delicious seeds that can be eaten raw or juiced plus it is also packed with vitamins and minerals to re-energize your health!
Pomegranate contains two powerful antioxidants: Punicalagins (juice and peel) and Punicic Acid (seed oil). Both of these antioxidants help protect your body against free radicals and are responsible for the overall health benefits of Pomegranate.
The high-level content of punicalagin makes pomegranate a powerful fruit that drives inflammation down and other diseases such as arthritis, cancer, and diabetes.
Prevents Blood clot
There are two types of a blood clot, the good one which helps your injury recover fast and the other one is fatal because it can clog your arteries, heart, and any parts of your body.
By fighting off free radicals, bad cholesterol, and blood clots, the antioxidant in pomegranate regulates the flow of your blood thus enhancing the level of oxygen in your body.
Avocado Pomegranate Salad (AIP/Paleo/Refined Sugar-Free)
- 1 cup dino kale cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 small ripened avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp honey
- Whisk dressing ingredients together, set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss.
you can’t have
your wings and eat them too? With
football games and colder days I wanted to create a healthier version that
would also be detox friendly for those who still want to enjoy a tailgate party
or cheering on their favorite team this season!
SOOO GOOD – I promised
you won’t even
miss that they are not fried!!! I’m also
giving you my secret on how to make them oh so crispy and yummy – It’s an
extra step but a necessary one if you want those crispy wings. First you’ll need to parboil the wings for a few minutes to boil out
some of the fat. This will make for the
best baked wing you’ve ever
put in Yo Mouth!
Dr Z’s Baked Hot Wings
- 2 lbs organic chicken wings
- 4 cloves of garlic – minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the chicken wings to the pot, reduce heat and simmer
for 8 minutes.
- Drain wings in a colander and place on paper towels and
pat them dry – This is
important because if they are still wet they won’t crisp up as much in your oven.
- Grease a metal sheet pan.
- Place the chicken wings directly on the sheet pan.
- Bake the chicken wings for 25 minutes on the first side;
flip the wings and bake for another 5-10 minutes on the other side, until the
skin looks crispy and golden brown.
Buffalo Sauce Instructions:
- Heat butter in a saucepan on medium heat
- Once butter is melted add hot sauce, garlic, onion powder
and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add your chicken wings to a large bowl; pour the buffalo
sauce over to coat thoroughly.
- Plate and enjoy!
- The best place for me to buy affordable organic chicken
wings is at Costco – at the
time of this post they were $2.50 per lb.
- When choosing your hot sauce read your ingredients
carefully. Choose a hot sauce with the
fewest ingredients and ones you can understand what each ingredient is – some of my favorites are Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and Crystals
- For metal sheet pans be sure to purchase stainless steel instead of Aluminum ones.