Whether you add this to your special dish or go all out asparagus, this vegetable is a force to be reckoned with in terms of its flavorful taste and robust nutrients!
Let us dive into the health benefits of asparagus and keep reading until the end because I have an exceptional recipe that you will surely enjoy!
Weight Loss Comrade
If you are aiming at shedding a few pounds, then asparagus can be your best friend! It is low in calories and fat, but it has a high amount of soluble and insoluble fiber which supports good digestion, helps lower cholesterol, and makes you feel full preventing unnecessary cravings.
These spears are your weapon against salt and excess water, therefore, it can help prevent urinary tract infections due to their high levels of amino acid asparagine.
Vitamin E Goodness
One of the few powerful nutrients of asparagus contains is Vitamin E which strengthens your immune system and protects your cells against free radicals.
Lift the good vibes within! Asparagus is rich in folate and Vitamin B12 which lightens up your mood and deflect irritability. Apart from those 2 nutrients, asparagus also contains a bounteous amount of amino acid and tryptophan which is also linked to enhanced mood.
The purple variant of asparagus is enriched with anthocyanins that provide fruits and veggies purple, red, and blue hues and it is effective in fighting off free radical damage.
Roasted Lemon Garlic Asparagus
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp fresh milled Black Pepper
- Pinch ground Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bottom inch or two off the stalks. This part is usually pretty rooty and stringy, due to cutting the stalks, so it’s best to just compost it.
- Slice the garlic and toss it with the asparagus, olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, sea salt, and black pepper. Spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet or grill pan. You can use parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup, but it isn’t necessary.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, turning the asparagus once for even cooking. The asparagus is ready when it is tender, but not mushy.